Search

Google

Monday, April 23

24 Forum Responses

Postings I did on the tv.com forums for 24 bugging people to respond to my questions have spurred an interesting debate.

The first response given started with:
I have a few thoughts..
The only thing that 24 and 9/11 have in common, is they both involve terrorism. 24's success has nothing to do with 9/11.

Yet a second response from another person reaffirmed what I thought.
I disagree.

Do you think the general viewing audience would be okay with a hero that is willing to torture anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat - so long as said hero is working in the best interests of this country, mind you - if the year were 1998? Something tells me no.


However, it was interesting to see that perhaps different people are able to disconnect with reality easier and concentrate on the narrative of the show. In some ways, ignore any kind of political overtones in a show like 24 and watch it for the purely entertainment value.
With luck, more to come...

No comments: